Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dont Drink and Drive.....PLEASE...

I went to a party and remembered what you said, You told me not to drink Mom, so I had sprite instead, I felt proud of myself, the way you said I would, That I didn't drink and drive though some friends said I should, I made a healthy choice and your advice to me was right, As the party finally ended and the kids drove out of sight, I got into my car, sure to get home in one piece, I never knew what was comming, Mom something I expected least, Now I am laying on the pavement and I hear the policeman say"The kid that caused this wreck was drunk", Mom his voice seems so far away, My own blood is all around me, as I try hard not to cry, I can hear the paramedic say, "this girl is going to die, I am sure the guy had no idea while he was flying high, That because he chose to drink and drive, now I would have to die, So why do people do it Mom? Knowing that it ruins lives, And now the pain is cutting me, like a hundred stabbing knives, Tell sister not to be afraid, Mom tell Daddy to be brave, And when I go to heaven, put "Daddy's Girl" on my graveSomeone should've taught him it's wrong to drink and driveMaybe if his parents had, I'd still be alive, My breath is getting shorter, Mom I am getting scared, These are my final moments, I am so unprepared, I wish that you could hold me Mom, as I lay here and die I wish that I could say "I Love You Mom"So that's it "I Love You, Goodbye"

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great piece sam The first time I read it was in st5 when all my friends were in highscool and learning about this alcahol thing.

Tash-Baby said...

Nee hoor wat is dit met jou en jou sad goed lately! Ai dis baie sad man...ai ai ai

Anonymous said...

ek het dit 'n paar jaar terug gelees en my oe uit getjank. dis so sad en ek hoop dit ruk al die mense wat so graag drink en drive.
kruip eerder huistoe of bel ma/pa/ vriende om jou te kom haal
BUT BE SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've received this mail also a few dozen times in my life...Must admit it was at my "starting driving" time...Made me seriously think about drinking and driving...Till this day I'd rather not drink and drive my friends home then loosing anyone of them.

SaM-GiRL said...

As somebody who nearly lost her sister to a drunk person in a car accident.... this email meant alot to me.... and with it being the festive season and all, i thought it would be a great time to just remind all the ppl out there to always be SAFE.

Anonymous said...

I almost lost Grem DW and my best girl friend to an idiot who was so drunk he could barely get out the car after the crash
it was about this time last year now that I think of it and could have been so much worse
we were talking bout it last night actually

SaM-GiRL said...

I dont understand HOW a drunk person can possibly even CONSIDER getting into a car.... WHY??? are they really THAT stupid!?!?!

SaM-GiRL said...

AI NAPS!!! as long as you stop doing it..... please.... I dont even wanna watch the news this December, coz i get chills everytime they talk about the death toll on the roads.

SaM-GiRL said...

Ok naps, that WAS funny, but im not going to laugh, this is SERIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

.........

Goosebumbs
This is a sad topic. a Very sad topic.

Yes I done it also as most ppl have but I Have even stoped drinking if I drive or not...

Had a drunk idiot who drove into me... He killed my baby... Broke my neck, I'm lucky to be here today... Hurt 3 of my friends... Only one with out major damage were DW...

That was the bigest fright I had in my live... to just go into a turn... Well I got knocked out by my window... As I woke up I didn't know what happened, I was looking towards the other side than I turn to. As I looked into my mirror I saw her lying out on the pavement as she went out the rear window... Couldn't get out so I jumped over DW and gave him a shot on his eye in the prosess... Hearing the one scream from my car and looking down to the one on the ground trying to help her... I really didn't know what to do that night... I was never as scared in my life...

The cops were there, and have just let the guy go... No charges, no nothing... And till today that guy is still out there, haven't payed a cent for my damage... And he is stil doing it...

SaM-GiRL said...

Wow grem, that sounds hectic. Im glad all of you are ok though.

Anonymous said...

Thanx and Seatbelt ppl.... Please!!
Sammy....

SaM-GiRL said...

hehe.....ok ok.

Anonymous said...

this is definitly one of the greatest poems i have ever read...when i read it i was crying so hard cuz this is exactly how ppl die everyday and knowing that it hurts even more

thank you so much for makin such a great poemm!