Monday, July 23, 2012

TiMe

Am I the only one that thinks time is slipping through our fingers?! Its almost AUGUST people, have you noticed this?! It feels like were still sitting in April / May?! This might be because of the busy year weve had, with buying the house / moving in / getting settled / living like grown ups OR it might be because were OLDER . . . which is a scary thought, but seriously, it feels like the older I get, the faster my life seems to be running away from me? Am I the only one that feels like this?

Me and The HenBen dont have kids / pets that take alot of time / effort (cats are not pets, they think they are Gods and only have time for you when it suits THEM - and our Hamster Bella is happiest when she rolls around in her pink little ball, no cuddling needed ) That being said, WTF?! Why does it feel like days have turned into seconds, months into days, and years into months?

My little nephew that was born almost yesterday, is already 8 months old?! WHAT?!
My 10 year reunion for High-School will be this year?! When did we get THAT old?!
September 11 attacks - that happened ELEVEN years ago?! Feels like yesterday too?!
I could go on and on and on and on and onnnnnn............ but I wont, so you can relax, I will get to my point shortly.

Always remember, that while we are busy growing up, our parents and older loved ones are busy growing old, so make each and EVERY SINGLE second, minute, moment and event with them count - Because one of these days, you will be saying that you cant believe they have been gone for 10 years already. Make it count people!!!! Seriously.


7 comments:

Drizel said...

Hey girly, ja nee tyd vlieg verby. Julle nou getroud, en grrotmense...hihihih:) Pas jou op.

ShadowFalcon said...

Time seemed to go into uber speed after I left university. Now a year goes by in a blink

SaM-GiRL said...

That is exactly how I feel about it too Shadow! It really seems like the older you get, the more you try to hold onto time, but it still eludes you, yet when you were younger you wished your years away like magic wishes!

Drizel - Nog nie getroud nie, al verloof vir 4 jaar (mehehehe) Dood gelukkig saam, konnie vir 'n beter man gevra het nie :)

Jonathan Peel said...

How time feels is relative to what you know.

When you are four years old, a year is a quarter of a life time. As you get older time changes, years are shorter, and days become so short they are almost not worth concidering.

Don't wish time away, because you cannot get it back, and don't hold onto the past, because then you are missing the present.

SaM-GiRL said...

You hit the nail on the head Jon! Leave the past where it belongs! And dont judge people on their pasts either!

Jonathan Peel said...

BUT...
Never forget the special people and moments that exist in the past.

SaM-GiRL said...

My past is what has made me the person I am today, and so are the people in my past - there is a reason they are no longer in my life :) Special moments and memories yes - special people - not so much anyMORE.