Thursday, August 24, 2006

Soulmates - Is there really just one out there?

Me and a friend were discussing the topic "love" and what its all about.. very clever guy actually, didnt know men had so much brains (lol) anyway, his name is tertius (pictured above) we were talking about ppl that are together for a long period of time, and then one day just realise that its not working anymore, and give up all that time.. which shuffled us to the discussion of soulmates, and IS THERE REALLY ONLY ONE PERSON OUT THERE FOR YOU?? i think that there is.. tertius however disagreed, saying that maybe there are a few soulmates, but you have to go through them all to get to the best one? Pointing out that in biblical times men were allowed to marry more than one woman (those were the days right guys!! heehee) Im a real sucker for love. I really, honestly, truelly believe that each pot has its own lid, you cant put a cheap clicks lid on a nice amc pot, it just aint gonna fit!! People meet lots of new people, but surely the one that stands out is the one that got your palms all sweaty, and the butterflies fluttering like crazy in your tummy! That.. ladies and gentleman, is your soulmate! I have been doubting love this last period of time, but I'm sure ill get back to it again, anyways, "I love you" is an 8 letter phrase, but then again, so is "bullshit"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sense a shit storm is on its way.

pumkinEater

Drizel said...

Sweety sweaty palms is not soul mates that is just a chemical reaction letting you know if this person wants to get down and dirty it will work for you. I am sure there is different soul mates, in reincarnation is believed that it is a part off your own soul that has split and when you find the other part you will know. My best friend and I knew from the minute we saw each other that we would always be close, no one could ever understand our bond I am sure we don't even always understand. He stays in London but when he is sad I just know, when I cry he always phones, thats a real soul mate!
And with a life partner I am sure it works the same.

Anonymous said...

I also have this soulmate...I think I got her from my 4th round on earth. When ever I was on the john she would phone from UK. But it's kewl...there was alwys this time and sound difference and I would aim for them not to let her know where I am.

Didn't matter where I was...Stellenbosch, Brackenfell, Parrow, Grotto Bay...she would phone when I just found my sweet spot, cheeks flaring to show I care! I thought we were twins or something, and that I got more breast then her, and this is the way she's getting her own back. Anyway...we're still friends but since she started to expand her family like rabbits, I have some quiet time. Some nice...quiet time. Thank you my wonderful friend in England!!!!!

Drizel said...

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHh.......parratjie...pok jou met 'n hoofletter H....hihihihi
We can be thankful I am a loving caring, gentle soul, or I would have gone to Cape Town pull your skin off leave you in acid, and see if I can find your soul....*evil laugh to follow* Whahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Wow...

Promises…promises...*tsk tsk* I luv u too hun. You would fly to CT for me? How cute. Ok I'm 1 m wide and 1 m tall. Please make sure u bring enough acid. And if airline gives you shite, let me know ok...I know some dark alleys and dodgy shops.

Just-ify said...

I suggest a quick read of today's topic at ' http://louwse.blogspot.com/ ' regarding Soul Mates

Anonymous said...

Advertising while we take each other is not permitted justy....Hahahahahahaha

Go and stan din the corner...Oh who am I kidding...I went to blog...I'm addicted...Life is unfair!

Drizel said...

Justi, already read that blog, is everybody going trough the same kinda mental journey. Louw made some interesting points there. I just still believe in soul mates!!

Anonymous said...

O lusty latino you rock my world!!!