Monday, January 22, 2007

My Guardian Angel...




Yeah, so this was an ABSOLUTELTY sh!t weekend.... well, up untill Saturday night / Early Sunday morning that is. We were visiting by Tash, actually by her cousin, having a braai, really having a good time. But roundabout 23:30 Hennie had to drag me out there, coz I had too much wine. Meanwhile, my sister and one of my other friends had been phoning me the whole night as they were out clubbing, and they wanted me to come join them, and I kept saying no coz Hennie hates the whole club thing, but when we left by Tash I asked Hennie real nice if we could go join them "NO" he said abrubtly.... "Youre drunk anyway, and you cant even keep your eyes open, you were fast asleep a few minutes ago" I have noticed that when I get drunk, I am very brave, so I got all bitchy and naggy and "We always do what you wanna do!!" and he finally gave in. We got to the club, and when we got to the entrance the bouncer said sorry, I could go in, but Hennie couldnt, as he was wearing three quarter denims, and slops that he wore to the braai (nothing wrong with them, he looked much better than most of the ppl that they allow in there!!) the bouncer said I could go in though...yeah whatever, like I was gonna go in without my man... But I have to admit i was pissed, coz i knew Hennie was SO happy that he couldnt go in there...I phoned my sis and told her we couldnt get in, so they came out, tried to negotiate with the bouncer to let Hennie in, but he couldnt. He would get into trouble, blah blah blah. So my sis walked back with me to our car, and she begged me to stay, and i kept telling her to go back, and that I wasnt going without Hennie, after about 15 minutes of nagging her she finally went back in, trying to play on my feelings though, coz she had started crying! So me and Hennie got in the car and drove back.....while we were driving, Hennie had his hand on my leg, and I was busy sending Tash a sms, and suddenly I just felt a bang on the car, and it started speeding forward, making the most horrible sound I have ever heard in my life, the tyres were screeching, I just heard Hennie scream something, I cant even remember what he had said, but by the tone in his voice I knew that it wasnt good.... He grabbed the steering wheel and tried to get the car straight, and he tried the brakes, but nothing wanted to work! the car went out of control, and we headed straight for the ditch....I pushed myself back in the seat, because I wasnt wearing a seatbelt, and Hennie was trying to use his body to shield over mine... I could only mumble out the words "baby......baby" and a faint shriek.....and finally it stopped....all the while I was just waiting to die....I knew I was going to die....no question... even when the car finally stopped, I wondered if I was dead.... and why it felt the same as being alive? when suddenly I heard Hennie asking if i was ok... I just started crying! I felt like it was all my damn fault, coz i wanted to go there in the first place!! Apparantly, a guy drove into us, and when their car finally stopped after hitting into the barriers, the guy got out of the car, and tried to run away, as he was PISS drunk!!! Go figure! He told his wife to get in behind the steering wheel and act like she was driving, luckily, one of the witnesses was an off duty cop, and he saw the whole thing. It was a bad experience, but it has brought me and Hennie much closer, now I know when he says "I would die for you" he actually means it.....because he almost did....

21 comments:

Drizel said...

Shame Sammy....I am happy your ok babe....Its not your fault, thats why it is called an accident.
Well done Hennie..and you must wear your safety belt girl...PLZ.
Hope you have a good day I will think about you.
HUGZ

Nosjunkie said...

Damn Sammy sweetie I am soooo glad your alright
snaps for Hennie
and I am going to back Drizz on this one, You really must wear your seat belt every time you get in the car, it can really be the difs between life and death.
Hope you're Well

ExMi said...

Glad you're still with us doll...

Be safe next time. Do the seatbelt thing.

Anonymous said...

Bly jy safe, sus! All forgiven?

Presleys, oh presleys! Ha ha ha ha, dit was moerse fun! Se vi Lizzy ek dink rerig sy moer hot! ;)

SaM-GiRL said...

@ Drizz - thanks hun, but I really feel guilty..... ai, if only I listened when the man said "no" I'm just thankful nothing bad happened to either of us.

@ Leegirl - Thanks hun, yeah, snaps for Hennie, hyt "flink gedink" I have started wearing my seatbelt now, just very nervous on the road still, specially for cars behind me.

@ Tams - yeah yeah yeah, the seatbelt thing, blah blah blah. lol

Tks guys!

Gremlin said...

Hay Sammy, Glad your not hurt.
Well I have treid to get you wearing that seatbelt thining alot of times. And you never wanted to listen, "yeah but I..." well now ya know why. It's not always you...

Please tell me its not Presley's in bocksburg... Please...

Well I now already have a bad memorie in my head of my car accident, At presley's... Hay you have the oaks name maybe its the same oak, mine also treid to run but he couldn't drive any where as his car was f@cked...

The nervous part will pass after a while, It took me about 7 months to get comfy with the road again, and I'm still more cosious than I have ever been.

SEATBELT...

But Glad you two are okay...

Arlene said...

I'm so sorry you guys got into an accident! Are you sore? They're so scary!!! I've been in 3. I was rear ended once, I was in the car when my friend rear ended someone, and I got thrown through a windshield when another friend lost control of the car. All were scary as hell!!!

I'm glad you guys are ok though, and I'm glad it brought you closer :-)

I love your guardian angel pic...so pretty!

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Good story. I think it's great when in crisis we discover that there is someone in our life we can lean on. I also think it is incredibly important, as we claw our way through each day, that there is at least one person out there who thinks we're the greatest thing they've ever encountered.

Glad you and Hennie are okay.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

i found your blog after youi replied to stewart sternberg's blog. sorry things went bad this past weekend for you. drop by and say hello, i don't know anybody from another continent...

Donsie said...

Bly om te hoor dat julle fine is. n Ongeluk kan n lelike ding wees.
Maar gelukkig was jou Guardian Angel daar.
Lekker week.

Danny Tagalog said...

Hi Shammy, Phew! You had quite a scrape there - hope you have recovered and the weasel gets his just deserves...

Claudia said...

Holy crap!! Glad you're both ok!!!

SaM-GiRL said...

@ Grem - all the blogs ive been doing gets you saying "told you so" lol!! yeah, it was presleys in boksburg, not by choice though, Lizzy wanted me to go there, the accident itself was by voortrekkers, across alberante bmw, right before the offramp, and on the offramp, you can actually go look how the guy took the barriers down.

@ arlene - wow, 3 accidents!! dont know how you still manage to get into a car! hectic!! youre welcome to save the pic and use it.

@ stewart - hennie is my everything, this year we will have been together for 10 years, we started dating when we were 13...yeah i know....."shit"

@ dorky dad - Both of us are glad aswell.

@ wayne - will take a look at yours and leave a comment.

@ Donsie - dankie

@ Danny - we are busy recovering, both of us have to wear neckbraces, we get a very funny response when both of us go out in public together wearing them, some ppl have even told us to practice "safer sex" lol!!

@ Claudia - God took good care of both of us... were fine.

Anonymous said...

Car accidents...Presleys....HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Car accident is nothing!

SaM-GiRL said...

Lol! ja naps....ek weet, ek sak my kop in humiliation. Atleast kon ons nie ingaan nie OK!

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah....now there was a gaurdian angel!

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Well, thank you for checking my blog. I write horror stories, have 2 collections out and am in 170 anthologies. Even wrote a Freddy Krueger story, back in the day. You are welcome to email me and tell me what books and films you've enjoyed (or despised)...and remember: seat belts. Here in Illinois, you can get a ticket if you are even SEEN driving w/o the belt on.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Glad to hear that you and your friend are okay. I deal with plenty of inmates that have killed someone while driving drunk. You are one lucky woman.

ShadowFalcon said...

Oh my god! Thank goodness your alright.

SaM-GiRL said...

Thanks alot guys! appreciate all the positive words!

Anonymous said...

when I am stoned I cant make accidents!